About the position
This will be a key position in our design and product development team, where you will be an important link between design and production.
With excellent product competence and a strong technical understanding, you will help to source the best solutions and technical materials to make ideas into a finished product. With relevant experience, hopefully from the sports clothing or outdoor industry, you will have a good technical understanding of products and which materials will be suitable for different activities. An important part of the job is to provide the production information to the various factories and to coordinate so that the equipment will be produced within our standards. Quality, innovation, and sustainability will be a big part of your job. This will be a key position in our design and product development team, where you will be an important link between design and production of dog equipment (Non-stop dogwear) and extreme clothing (Non-stop polar).
Non-stop dogwear AS develop, design, produce, and sell dog equipment nationally and internationally. Since the start in 2009, we have become an international brand that is sold in more than 1000 shops in 28 different countries.
The origin of the company was genuine interest in developing dog equipment for the best mushers in the world. The company is run by a group of young and international people in Brøttum, Norway. The position will also contain work for our sister company, Non-Stop Polar, where we develop extreme clothing for arctic climate. In both companies, we work with development of existing products and development of new products. Our equipment is developed in close cooperation with professional athletes within several sports with focus on solid materials, functional solutions, and innovative design.
Your responsibility will be the following
- Develop prototypes with our factory contacts and develop this to a finished product with materials, functionality and quality that is within our standard.
- Secure development of our products through innovative and quality thinking and choosing the best suited materials.
- Gather information regarding materials and construction of products and save this in our system.
- Keep updated on development in the market and find the details that can develop our products further.
- Find and coordinate external competence when we need it.
- Keep close contact with our production facilities and make sure the factories are keeping the right quality that suits us when it comes to quality, working conditions for the employees and cost-effective production.
- Make the product development process from idea to finished product more structured.
- Help the product manager in other projects when needed.
Your skills and competence:
- You have several years of experience with development of technical products in close cooperation with the production facility.
- You have basic product understanding and a strong technical understanding of product function and quality.
- You have good communication skills with Asian production facilities and have experience from working with factories and material suppliers and have a good understanding of the process from idea to a finished product.
- You have an eye for innovation and details and have ideas for how to develop our products.
- You work well in teams as well as working independent, structured and targeted.
- You both speak and write fluent English.
- You are experienced with or are interested in sustainability
It is beneficial if you have
- Experience and are interested in dogs and outdoor.
- Possibility to travel 1-2 weeks every 3 months.
- Experience from working with quality control.
- Experience with patterns, sizing and fittings.
- Experience with use of Adobe Illustrator.
- Relevant education.
- 100 % fixed position.
- Key position in a company with rapid growth and international ambitions.
- A unique place to work with a young, international team with passion and commitment to what they do.
- Good personal development possibilities.
- Flexible and independent workdays.
- Office in a unique environment in Brøttum, close to nature and outdoor life.
If this is something for you, please send an application and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd of February. Applications will be processed consecutively. Startup: As soon as possible